Glendora Hospital is proud to be part of College Hospitals and is expanding rapidly. We are dedicated to the highest quality of customer services delivered with a with a sense of warmth friendliness and organizational pride. Become part of a team that provides a respectful environment, flexibility, a tight knit group and autonomy to utilize your knowledge and experience.
We are looking for Charge Registered Nurses to join the Nursing Department at Glendora. The Charge Nurse will provide order and delegate tasks among the floor nurses. Their duties include admitting and discharging patients, assigning nurses to patients and taking inventory and ordering medical supplies as needed. The RN will provide safe and therapeutic management of patient care to adult and elderly behavioral health patients through utilization of the Nursing process, in adherence to the Standards of Practice and policies and procedures, and in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
Duties and Qualifications:
- Current CA RN license and BLS for healthcare provider card upon hire
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the ability to assess and interpret data, determine patient care requirements and deliver care relative to the patients’ age specific needs.
- Assures implementation of patient care based on identified needs and in a systematic and therapeutic manner as evidenced by the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Establishes the priority of problems /needs according to the actual/potential threat to the patient.
- Communicates the written plan of care, and changes to the plan, to the patient, family, significant other and other members of health care team through the report process and other methods as appropriate.
- Understands the legal aspects of nursing and the importance of accurate and timely documentation according to standards and policy and procedures.
- Minimum 1 year experience in acute psychiatric inpatient setting required.
- CPI Certification within 30 days of hire