Glendora Hospital is proud to be part of College Hospitals and is expanding rapidly. We are dedicated to the highest quality of customer services delivered with a sense of warmth friendliness and organizational pride. Become part of a team that provides a respectful environment, flexibility, a tight knit group and autonomy to utilize your knowledge and experience.
We are looking for a Full-Time Activity Therapist (aka Music, Dance, Drama, Art & Recreational Therapist). The incumbent will develop outcome-based treatment goals and interventions for patients based on clinical observation and assessments. This position will require weekend availability.
Duties and Qualifications:
- California Board of Recreation and Parks Certification: Recreation Therapist Certified (RTC), National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification: Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Must be willing to work on the weekends.
- Completes activity therapy evaluations and progress notes in a prescribed timeframe and high quality fashion.
- Conducts activity therapy group sessions and individual sessions as needed, displaying good theoretical knowledge of group principles and good group techniques.
- Communicates effectively with families and outside agencies to promote referral development.
- Current BLS for healthcare provider card, must attain CPI certificate within 30 days of hire. (Glendora Hospital Provides CPI)