Glendora Hospital is proud to be part of College Hospitals and is expanding rapidly. We are dedicated to the highest quality of customer services delivered with a sense of warmth friendliness and organizational pride. Become part of a team that provides a respectful environment, flexibility, a tight knit group and autonomy to utilize your knowledge and experience
The Recreational Therapy Aide implements and coordinates therapeutic activity programming for adult inpatient population. Assists with evaluating and establishing individualized treatment plans. Under the supervision of Recreation Therapist, documents progress of patient progress towards goals and treatment in medical record.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in acute psychiatric setting preferred.
- Current BLS for healthcare provider card, current CPI certificate or within 30 days.
- 6 months suggested experience in caring for mental health patients in an acute inpatient setting.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age group served on the unit.
- Provides care to the psychiatric and mental illness patient. Displays good skills in assessment, documentation, treatment planning, group and individual therapy treatments.
- Assists with planning and implementing the unit's activity therapy program, including planning of daily events, special events, and providing in-service for other staff participating in the activity therapy program.
- Conducts activity therapy group sessions and individual sessions as needed, displaying good theoretical knowledge of group principles and good group techniques.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of the Unit's activity therapy program.